Power Tool Safety
Read all safety warnings and instructions designated by this symbol.
Save all warnings and instructions for future reference.
- a) Keep work area clean and well lit.
- b) Do not operate power tools in explosive atmospheres, such as in the presence of flammable liquids, gases or dust.
- c) Keep children and bystanders away while operating a power tool. Distractions can cause you to lose control.
- a) Power tool plugs must match the outlet. Never modify the plug in any way. Do not use any adapter plugs with earthed (grounded) power tools
- b) Avoid body contact with earthed or grounded surfaces, such as pipes, radiators, ranges and refrigerators.
- c) Do not expose power tools to rain or wet conditions.
- d) Do not abuse the cord. Never use the cord for carrying, pulling or unplugging the power tool. Keep cord away from heat, oil, sharp edges or moving parts.
- e) When operating a power tool outdoors, use an extension cord suitable for outdoor use.
- f) If operating a power tool in a damp location is unavoidable, use a residual current device (RCD) protected supply.
- a) Stay alert, watch what you are doing and use common sense when operating a power tool. Do not use a power tool while you are tired or under the influence of drugs, alcohol or medication.
- b) Use personal protective equipment. Always wear eye protection.
- c) Prevent unintentional starting. Ensure the switch is in the off-position before connecting to power source and/or battery pack, picking up or carrying the tool.
- d) Remove any adjusting key or wrench before turning the power tool on
- e) Do not overreach. Keep proper footing and balance at all times.
- f) Dress properly. Do not wear loose clothing or jewellery. Keep your hair and clothing away from moving parts.
- g) Loose clothes, jewellery or long hair can be caught in moving parts.
- h) If devices are provided for the connection of dust extraction and collection facilities, ensure these are connected and properly used.
- i) Do not let familiarity gained from frequent use of tools allow you to become complacent and ignore tool safety principles.
- a) Do not force the power tool. Use the correct power tool for your application.
- b) Do not use the power tool if the switch does not turn it on and off.
- c) Disconnect the plug from the power source and/or remove the battery pack, if detachable, from the power tool before making any adjustments, changing accessories, or storing power tools.
- d) Store idle power tools out of the reach of children and do not allow persons unfamiliar with the power tool or these instructions to operate the power tools.
- e) Maintain power tools and accessories. Check for misalignment or binding of moving parts, breakage of parts and any other condition that may affect the power tool’s operation. If damaged, have the power tool repaired before use.
- f) Keep cutting tools sharp and clean.
- g) Use the power tool, accessories and tool bits etc. in accordance with these instructions, taking into account the working conditions and the work to be performed.
- h) Keep handles and grasping surfaces dry, clean and free from oil and grease.
- a) Have your power tool serviced by a qualified repair person using only identical replacement parts.
- Keep your fingers well out of the drill/cutter area.
- Avoid touching the drilled core that is automatically ejected by the centering pin when the working procedure is finished. Contact with the core when it is hot, or if it falls, can cause personal injuries.
- Always use the drill guard. Before switching on machine ensure the guard is closed securely.
- Always use the safety strap.
- The magnetic drilling machine is suitable for use on steel with a minimum thickness of 10mm, with zero air gap between the magnet core surface and the mounting surface. Curvature, coats of paint and surface irregularities will create an air gap. Keep the air gap to a minimum.
- Always place the machine on a flat surface.
- Do not clamp the magnetic drilling machine on small or irregularly shaped objects.
- Always place the machine on a surface that is clear of shavings, chips, swarf and surface dirt.
- Keep the magnet clean and free of debris and swarf.
- Do not switch on the machine until it has been securely mounted and installed according to these instructions.
- Do not switch on the machine before having checked that the magnetic stand has been tightened firmly and securely to the mounting surface.
- Adjust the table so cutter does not extend into the work piece before drilling. Do not perform any design, assembly or construction activities on the work piece while the machine is switched on.
- Before switching on the machine, make sure all accessories have been mounted correctly.
- Always use the recommended speed for the accessories and the material.
- Do not use the machine on the same work piece on which electric welders are being used.
- Use only an appropriate cutting fluid. We offer a range of premium cutting oils and lubricants which are specially developed and selected for optimum performance and maximum tool life.
- Do not use liquid cutting fluids while drilling vertically or overhead. Dip the cutter in cutting paste or apply an appropriate spray for these applications.
- Do not pour cutting fluid into the reservoir while it is mounted in the bracket. Do not allow cutting fluid to enter the drill motor.
- Before use, ensure adjustable cutter guard is fitted correctly and operates properly.
- Ensure that metal chips or resinous residue cannot lead to blockage of the function.
- In case of jammed cutter disconnect the machine from the power supply, remove the reason for the jam before turning on the machine again.
In following the relevant safety regulations and the implementation of safety devices, certain residual risks cannot be avoided. These are:
- Impairment of hearing
- Risk of personal injury from flying particles
- Risk of burns due to accessories becoming hot during operation
- Risk of personal injury due to prolonged use.
Always try to reduce these risks further by the use safe working practices and the use of appropriate PPE as much as possible.