Save time, effort, and improve safety with the new Impact Driven auger bits
VersaDrive® Impact Rated Auger bits are specially designed for drilling railway sleepers with the standard Impact wrenches track teams already have.
This reduces the number of tools each team needs to carry and saves the effort and environmental impact of taking a conventional heavy petrol drill.
As well as being only a fraction of the weight, another advantage is that there is no kick-back to the operator, massively increasing the safety of the operation. In addition, impact wrenches have reverse function enabling easy withdrawal from the hole, eliminating the traditional issue of auger bits getting wound into the sleeper and stuck.
The auger bit is attached to the impact wrench using a quick-change adapter, available for both ½” and ¾” models.
- Convenience, use on a standard battery impact wrench
- Safer, no kick-back to the operator
- Lighter, no need to carry a heavy sleeper drill
- More environmentally friendly, no need for petrol engines
- Full-length spiral flutes for efficient swarf removal
- Easy withdrawal with impact wrench in reverse
- Size: 19x457mm
- For best performance, use on a high torque impact wrench
- Maintain gentle pressure throughout the cut
- Turn impact wrench into reverse to withdraw
- For deeper cuts, back out the auger bit halfway to clear the swarf