Advantages of using Speedtaps
- Faster: Then tapping by hand or magnet drill - no specialist equipment needed
- Easier: Very little physical effort required - easier to tap holes in confined spaces
- Cheaper: Tapping speed massively increased - less broken taps than tapping by hand
- 60 degree tapered point for easy alignment of the Speedtap in the hole
- 6 thread taper lead for faster starts and reduced strain
- Nitrate Coating for extended tap life
- Full-size shaft maximises strength as well as ease of reversal
- Patent Pending flared head design reduces tangential force and maximises torque transfer
- Head size matches bolt size for single tool operation of tapping and fastening
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do they break? Speedtaps are much harder and less likely to break than normal taps because of the constant torque drive from an impact wrench is much less strain on the tap than irregular starting and stopping with a hand tap
- How are they driven? Most 1/2 and 3/4" drive impact wrenches are suitable to power Speedtaps, using an impact socket.
- Do you need lubricant? Dry threading is possible but a good lubricant spray or paste is highly recommended and will give longer life.
- How long do they last? 100-200 holes are achievable per tap.
- Are they expensive? Prices start from £9.85 for M6, but it is the time saving per threaded hole that makes Speedtap far cheaper than hand tapping.
- Where is my nearest stockist? Distributors are currently being set up around the country. Contact HMT on 01622 740812
Holemaker Technology is pleased to announce the exclusive distributorship for Speedtaps in the UK, and the stock is available in the common sizes of M6, M8, M10, M12. For larger sizes of threading, please enquire with the sales team on 01622 740 812