VersaDrive™ Blacksmith Cobalt Drill Bits
Simply the best long-life twist drill bits for Metal
All VersaDrive™ Drill Bits can be used in any standard 1/2" drill chuck for cordless or pistol drill use, or adapted for use in a Magnet Drill or Impact Wrench.
- Fast drilling with minimal kickback; dual hardened for impact wrench use up to 10mm
- Precision Ground Flutes; with deep web design for easy chip clearance.
- 135 Split Point for easy starting and high accuracy
- 8% Cobalt for long life and endurance in structural steel and hard metals.
- GoldMax Low Friction Titanium Coating to stop heat burn out
- High Strength, Non-Slip Shank Design
Using VersaDrive Drill Bits to drill holes with an Impact wrench:
VersaDrive Impact wrench drill bits work by utilising the high torque rotary drive of an impact wrench in a conventional rotary drilling operation.
The impact wrench mechanism should not engage or impact when drilling, if this occurs, too great drilling pressure is being used and should be reduced.
Impact wrench driven drill bits will transfer less torque then a conventional drill bit used in a rotary drill, meaning less fatigue for the operator.
An experienced operator can utilise a higher torque impact wrench or setting (if variable speed) to increase the speed of the job.
The drilling time when used with an impact wrench is slightly slower but comparable to a standard rotary pistol drill.
Using VersaDrive Drill Bits to enlarge existing holes with an Impact wrench
- VersaDrive Drill Bits can be used to enlarge existing holes with an Impact Wrench. However, by default this process will utilise the impact operation (as opposed to rotary only) meaning a possibility of reduced drill bit life. For effective use the increased hole size should be no greater than two thirds of the starting hole size.
- For hole sizes larger than 12mm we recommend the use of a reamer where possible.